Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Can I live this all over again? Please?

Last day of school! Last OFFICIAL day of school! Unbelievable!

As the bus drove off from the school parking lot, my heart felt heavier than ever before. There was a huge lump in my throat, a quiver in my breath.

Its true I have complained a hell lot about the school at times... but undeniably its whats made me who I am today. Its true, every corridor, every corner, every area has a special place in my heart. Today as I looked around, trying to absorb everything for the last time, it was difficult to take my eyes away. Its so hard to picture the corridor after class without Aayushi or Tanya or Annika running to the toilet. It didnt seem right. The corridors would never be the same. Would it? No institution is complete without the people who comprise it...and Modern High just seems to have the most awesome, loavable people!

Today went by so damn fast. Signing on everyones shirts, taking pictures, signing autographs (hahah!)..felt like a celebrity!Haha! I came back home and was reading the stuff everone had written. Whats so brilliant is that each message from each person is soo personalized.. you seem to have influenced every other person some way or the other.. you share a special memory, a special bond with every other person. *sigh* All these are going to be memories now... how pathetically sad is that!?

Anyways if I indulge myself into more nostalgic thinking ... i'll go insane! What really took me by suprise was that I didn't cry. I get attached to certain people, places damn fast and Modern High and its people definately fall in that category... but I still didn't cry. Something has to be wrong! I think it still hasn't really truely struck me that I am leaving school. I mean I find it hard to believe I am 17 at times. Life seems to be passing by so incredibly fast... you just want to freeze time and live it all over again and again! If only! *sigh* I think romit's much wanted time mahine would really come handy at times like these!:P

6 comments:

nikeeta said...

heyyy ankssss !!
feel da same man...even i didnt cry 2day which was very suprising sheesh probably it still hasnt sunk in...

definitely felt like a celebrity 2day..kidss u i didnt no at all came up to me..sheeshhh...insaneeee !!

14 yrs in modern high...soo manyyyy memories to cherishh...ankita goin wild n hyper suddenly...dhwanii screamingg..n ofc yushs favorite hangout the toilet !!!

luvv u guysss soooo muchhh...gonna miss u ppl alotttt...!!!

Romit said...

"As the bus drove off from the school parking lot, my heart felt heavier than ever before. There was a huge lump in my throat, a quiver in my breath."
Bullshit u wre busy bloddy talking about what u are gonna wear for farewell with mandy.
yea true i will also "miss ankita goin wild n hyper suddenly...dhwanii screamingg..n ofc yushs favorite hangout the toilet !!!" even though i was not there
LOL
nice post!!

ankita said...

Haha!

Nikeeta- I love you oh so much!:)

Romit - You know I was feeling really bad! And so were u! Admit it! But to try to distract myself from the obvious thoughts I was my usual self! We couldn't spoil our last bus ride with us getting nostalgic and all! I'm going to misss our bus rides!:( Have had some really good times and good memories. I would say I am going to miss you but you cant get rid of me soo fast!:) Theres still some time leftt...

Upas- I am soo soo sorry about it! Bloud changed plans of not staying back that day itself in the morning. Didn't have your number.. so no way of contacting you.. and hey! You got off early from your work which you hate soo much! Soo be thankful!:)

Proma said...

yeah... i understand the feeling... i didn't cry about leaving modern high for muwci till the day before i left... it was the strangest feeling... my mom was getting the transcripts from school and i was just sitting outside in the car watching someone whitewash the walls and i just couldnt control the tears... came home... went next door... ish n i had a nice looongg cry together... memories... sigh... they really do last a lifetime!
I still have another 3 months of school left to go.. and university pressure is still pretty incredible... but i appreciate what you're feeling right now... i miss modern despite all the many things that i crib about it ... well at least let's just say i miss the people... most of:).. especially u... lots of love

Anonymous said...

first of all.....i don't think i need to say anything about the crying part....whoever saw me at assembly would know!! the tears jus kept coming and coming even when they were singing Lean on Me:s
neways ill miss MHS soooooooooo muchh and every1 in it
luv yaaaa

Radhii said...

Ankiiitooooo ! =p

Just wanted to say hi.. ! And that I'm goiinnnaaa miss you!

Keep in touch <33